High blood pressure (BP) is a major public health problem in India and its prevalence is rapidly increasing among both urban and rural populations. In fact, hypertension is the most prevalent chronic disease in India.
About 33% urban and 25% rural Indians are hypertensive. Of these, 25% rural and 42% urban Indians are aware of their hypertensive status. Only 25% rural and 38% of urban Indians are being treated for hypertension. One-tenth of rural and one-fifth of urban Indian hypertensive population have their BP under control.
Test your hypertension Keep life safe in your hands.
Normal blood pressure is vital to life: without the pressure that forces our blood to flow around the circulatory system, no oxygen or nutrients would be delivered through our arteries to the tissues and organs. Blood pressure can be unhealthily high, but it can also be too low. Without a normal baseline, white blood cells - which are part of our immune system -would not get distributed around our bodies.
We can have high blood pressure (hypertension) for years without any symptoms. Even without symptoms. Even without symptoms, damage to blood vessels and heart continues and can be detected.Uncontrolled high blood pressure increases risk of serious health problems, including heart attack and stroke.
High blood pressure generally develops over many years, and it affects nearly everyone eventually. Fortunately, high blood pressure can be easily detected.
Endocrine Society practice guidnes for the diagnosis and Treatment of primary Aldosteronism have Highlighted the importance of ALDOSTERONE and REFIINI testing. Aldosterone and Renin tests should usually be requested by clinicians together when a patient shows high blood pressure and low potassium. Even if potassium is normal, testing may be done if typical medications do not control the high blood pressure or if hypertension develops at an early age.
Blood tests and high blood pressure : FAST, SIMPLE & ACCURATE
- To detect high blood pressure and confirm its persistence
- To determine whether the cause is an underlying medical condition that can possibly be resolved or controlled
- To evaluate the status of body organs and get a baseline of organ health prior to the start of drug therapies
- To monitor hypertension control and organ status over time
along with conventional tests, there are some more new and advanced tests, which have been extensively studied during the recent years as useful predictors of risk of developing Hypertension.
Advanced test solutions powered by Health Solutions
Direct Renin & Aldosterone may be useful to address the pharmacological treatment of the hypertensive patient monitor effectiveness of the therapy with Renin inhibitors (Aliskiren by Novartis) assess the risk of cardiovascular events diagnose Primary Aldosteronism.
LEVELS OF RENIN ARE FUNCTION OF THE NUMBER OF CARDIOVASCULAR EVENTS
Direct Renin assay is a valid alternative to PRA as it reflects the RAS effects Aldosterone/Renin ratio (ARR) calculated with the Direct Renin assay gives levels statistically correlated to those o h PRA Average levels for ARR calculated with the Direct Renin assay stay in the normal limits shown by the Endocrine Society Guideline and obtained with different direct Renin techniques. Similar levels obtained for ARR regardless from posture and ACEI / ARB treatment suggest the possibility of lowering the degree of attention to those conditions when the ARR test is performed
The renin-angiotensin-aldosterone system (RAAS) is one of the main regulators of blood pressure and of sodium/water metabolism and its alterations are relevant in the pathophysiology of numerous cardiovascular diseases. Increasing published evidence shows that the pharmacological antagonism of RAAS markedly reduces the major cardiovascular events and the progression of renal insufficiency.
The evaluation of RAAS activity is crucial for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes. This evaluation turned out to be difficult because the commonly used method to assess the effects of RAAS, i.e. the measurent of plasma renin activity (PRA), is a complex procedure With poor interlaboratory reproducibility.
This drawback has led to limited use of PRA determination, depriving the clinician of a powerful tool for diagnosing relatively frequent forms of hypertension and for selecting the most effective therapeutic regimen.
Revolution in hypertension testing.
At Health Solutions Direct Renin assay is performed on automated platform, which exploits the high specificity of monoclonal antibodies to detect the renin molecule, offers the possibility of evaluating RAAS activity which is methodologically simpler, faster and more reproducible than PRA.
Conventional Test for Hypertension at Health Solutions
- Lipid ( Cholesterol ) Profile Includes : holesterol Total, HU- Cholesterol, VLDL Cholesterol, Triglycerides, TC/HDL Ratio, HDL/LDL Ratio (7 Test)
- Renal Profile Includes: Urea, Bun, Creatinine, Bun/Creat Ratio, Calcium, Phosphorous, Uric Acid, Sodium, Potassium, Chloride, Ionized Calcium, Microalbumin, Urine Creatinine, Albumin/Creat Ratio (14 test)
- Diabetes Test Includes : Glycosylated Haemoglobin, Mean Plasma Glucose, Fasting Blood Glucose (3 test) :
- Thyroid Profile Includes : Total T3, Total 14, Thyroid Stimulating Hormone TSH (3 test)
- Liver Profile Includes: SGOT, SGPT, GGT, Alkaline Phosphatase, Bilirubins ( Total, Direct & Indirect) Protein Total, Albumin, Globulin (10 test)
- Routine Tests : Complete Blood Count, ESR, Complete Urine Examination, Serum Iron & Magnesium Levels (41 test)
Staying ahead with accurate diagnosis and bet patient outcome.